Friday, December 5, 2014

Pork and Mushroom Adobo



Pork and Mushroom Adobo may not be new but I have to try it. Every time I visited supermarkets and groceries here in Australia I am always overwhelm with the availability of mushroom in the fresh vegetable sections. I like mushrooms and I have been picking some of it every time or most of my visits. I usually end up thinking what to cook out of them. Below is the list of some of the mushroom dish that I have cooked all these years, click link to check them out.



Vegetrable Stir Fry, Oyster Mushroom

Oxtail with Mushroom Sauce

T-Bone Steak with Mushroom and Oyster Sauce

Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

Pork Chop with Mushroom Sauce

Egg Noodles with Mushroom

Asparagus and Mushroom Spaghetti in White Sauce

Mushroom with Dried Fish Fettuccine Carbonara

Fettuccine with Mushroom and Mushroom Sauce

Mushroom Sotanghon Noodle Soup

Adobong Kabute

Mushroom and Tofu Pinoy Bistek Style

Pinoy Garlic Mushroom






Today I had this beautiful button mushrooms, I just can’t think of anything to cook it, in the end I cooked it the mushroom adobo style with some pork belly.






Here is the recipe of my version of Pork and Mushroom Adobo.





Ingredients:



1/2 kilo pork belly, cut into large cubes

100 grams fresh whole button mushrooms

1/2 head garlic, peeled, crushed, chopped

3-4 pieces bay leaf

1-2 tsp. crushed peppercorns

1/4 cup dark soy sauce

1/4 cup white vinegar

salt






Cooking procedure:



Place the pork in a sauce pan, add all the ingredients except the mushroom and salt. Pour enough water to cover at about 2 inches over the pork line. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes or until the pork are tender, add more water as necessary. When the liquid is reduce to about half add in the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced to an oily sauce, correct saltiness if required. Serve hot with a lot of rice.













0 comments:

Post a Comment