Thursday, August 11, 2016

Homemade Peach Sherbert Ice Cream


Posted  on Caroline Makes.Net

After a very successful first use of my Kitchenaid ice cream maker with this triple chocolate ice cream, I decided to have another go and make something completely different. I had a punnet of peaches that I thought would work well in ice cream, and found a recipe in my Kitchenaid recipe book for 'minted mango sherbert'. It's called sherbert because it's not quite sorbet but not quite ice cream I think. I replaced the mango with peach and left out the chopped mint and the result was really good.

You need:
230g caster sugar
700ml whole milk
60ml cane sugar syrup - I used corn syrup which I bought in the US (I brought some back with me as I kept finding recipes that called for it) and it is referred to by this name elsewhere in the recipe so I think it's the right thing to use. A UK equivalent is usually golden syrup but I'm not sure how it would change this recipe!
punnet of fresh peaches, peeled, stone removed and diced
2 tbsp. fresh lime or lemon juice

In a medium saucepan heat the milk, sugar and corn syrup until very hot but not boiling, then remove from the heat and set aside.


Put the peaches and lime or lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth. Carefully stir in to the milk mixture then cover and chill for at least 8 hours.



Following the instructions I'd kept the bowl of my ice cream maker in the freezer overnight. Attach it to the kitchenaid and pour in the milk mixture while the mixer is on the slowest speed. Leave it stirring for 10-12 mins. I found the chocolate ice cream I made was lovely at this soft scoop consistency but this peach ice cream was a little runny; it's better served from the freezer and will keep in an airtight container.



 
I decided to serve this in cocktail glasses with a sprig of mint when I had friends over for a barbecue.
 
 
I'm sharing this with Bloggers Scream for Ice Cream, hosted by Kavey Eats, as the theme this month is fresh fruit.
IceCreamChallenge_thumb1

0 comments:

Post a Comment