Friday, September 16, 2016

Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies


One weekend in the summer we were going out for the day and I made us a picnic lunch. I wanted something sweet that would travel well and not be messy and decided to make cookies. My cookies are usually good but not brilliant - I have a tendency to over bake them, forgetting that cookies harden as they cool.

I had a look in a big recipe book I've got called the Good Housekeeping Baking Book and found a recipe for "the ultimate chocolate chip cookie". I was pretty dubious as I've heard that claim often, but these were absolutely amazing! Soft and just the right amount of chewy and they tasted delicious.

You need:
225g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
150g light brown sugar
1 and 1/2 tbsp. golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
375g plain flour
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1/4 tsp salt
350g milk chocolate, cut into chunks

Preheat oven to 200C. Mix the butter, sugars, golden syrup and vanilla, then beat in the eggs


Fold in the flour and bicarb of soda then the chocolate - I used mini Hershey's Kisses from America, which worked really well.


Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a lined baking sheet, spaced well apart, and press down slightly


Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until golden brown and still soft


Allow to cool on a wire rack. Delicious!

 

 
I'm sharing these with Treat Petite, hosted by Kat at the Baking Explorer and Stuart at Cakeyboi.

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment